Happy 4th of July weekend! Are you looking to add a veggie option to your grilling go-to’s this holiday?
Well, look no further than Miraval Austin Executive Chef Ben Baker’s Veggie BBQ Carrot Sandwich recipe!
- Gently sautée julienned carrots until tender (but not mushy).
- Fold in your favorite BBQ sauce until carrots are well coated.
- Set aside until ready to build.
- Place shredded cabbage, parsley, salt & black pepper in a separate bowl, mix and crush lightly with your hand to soften the cabbage.
- Add lemon juice and apple cider vinegar.
- Toast brioche buns, and place hot carrot BBQ mixture on the bottom bun.
- Place slaw mixture on top of the carrot BBQ mix. Finish with toasted top of the brioche bun. Place BBQ Carrot Sandwiches on a tray and serve at your 4th of July Picnic!
|2 tablespoons||olive oil|
|2 (10 ounces) bags||julienned carrots|
|1||small green cabbage (shredded, about 4 cups)|
|1 tablespoon||apple cider vinegar|
|2 tablespoons||lemon juice|
|1 tablespoon||parsley (minced)|
|1 teaspoon||black pepper|
|6||brioche buns (toasted)|
See more recipes from Miraval >
Purchase Sweet & Savory Cooking >