– Barley flakes
– Sunflower seeds
– Corn flakes
– Crispy brown rice
– Coconut flakes or shredded
– Annatto ( up to 1 tsp)… can be left out if not able to be sourced
– Turmeric (up to 1 tsp)
– Cinnamon (up to 1 tbsp)
– Vanilla (up to 1 tbsp)
– Maple syrup (this will dictate overall sweetness, we recommend up to ½ cup for more sweet & ¼ cup for less sweet)
– Almond milk (enough to cover the mixture entirely with 1” of milk above the dry mixture)
– Flax milk (not required, almond milk alone can be used OR combine ½ flax & ½ almond)
– Chia seeds (up to ¾ cup depending the ratio of oats to chia you would prefer)
There are no specific ingredient levels for these items. The bulk of the mixture should be the oats and the remaining ingredients should be added in as heavily or lightly as you would like; a customizable overnight oat!
With the exception of the items that have an amount listed next to them, we recommend adding equal amounts of the remaining ingredients for a consistency in flavor and texture.
After all dry ingredients are in a large bowl (able to be covered and refrigerated), cover completely + 1” above the dry ingredients with the milk(s) desired. Cover and refrigerate overnight or for 8 hours minimum.
Overnight Oats are the best choice for a healthy nutritious fulfilling breakfast. I personally eat my oats for lunch being the first meal of my day and it leaves me feeling light energized and fulfilled. Some ingredients I like to add are peanut butter, Almond milk, apples raisins, vanilla, raw honey and melted butter.
if you add in the peanut butter do you blend it in with the milk?
Yes! It break down the peanut butter and gives it a creamy effect.